Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cooking with the Shaws - Melt-In-Your-Mouth Orange Muffins


Hi! It's Day 1 of my "Blog-tober-fest." If you haven't read it before, I plan to blog every day in October. It's quite a commitment.

I literally just ate one of these muffins. I am at my parents' house and have made them for church in the morning but we kept back a few of the "uglier" ones to eat tonight. They do melt in your mouth. And Michael had 2...and if you know him, you know that means that they were really good! Super easy to make too. Thanks, Julie (no I'm not thanking myself, there's another Julie in the family)!

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Orange Muffins

1 box yellow cake mix and ingredients listed on box
2 oranges
2 lemons
1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar

Prepare cake mix as directed. Spoon batter into greased miniature muffin tins. Bake 5 minutes less than directed. In a large mixing bowl, combine juice and zest of lemons and oranges with powdered sugar. Stir well to remove lumps. Dip hot muffins in glaze and place on wire racks to cool.

I did not use miniature muffin tins. I went with full size muffins. I also wish I had used cupcake liners as a few of mine broke at the bottom, but that was probably because I was in a hurry to get everything done before I had to put Joseph to bed. If I had let them sit in the muffin tins a bit longer, they might have come out better. Also, I didn't dip the muffins in the glaze, I drizzled the glaze on. I tried a few dipping but they were really hot and I jut through drizzling them was easier. Also, maybe it's because they were full size or maybe I was supposed to dip the entire muffin, but I had lots of glaze left over. So, if you want to drizzle (and believe me they are divine this way and the orange flavor really shines through), I would make about 1/2 as much glaze.

Give these a try. They are great for dessert or breakfast....as we all know, muffins are just breakfast cupcakes. :)

Talk to ya'll tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment