Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shooting Joseph


When I bought my fancy-smancy camera last year, I decided to start taking all of Joseph's milestone pictures myself. I started with his 6 month pics which were a cinch because he really couldn't go anywhere and just stayed where I put him. Then came his 12 month pictures. Still not too bad. He wasn't walking yet so he couldn't go anywhere too fast and cooperated pretty well...even if his clothes didn't (his pants kept falling down). Then came 18 months. And I started putting off taking the pictures. I just knew they would be a pain. Joseph is all over the place and I am not so good at action shots. I think I took about 150 today in a matter of 40 minutes. Basically I chased him around the backyard snapping away. Here are 3 of my favorites:
 I set up a cute little photo area with a chair, flowers and pumpkins...this is about the only pic I got there before he took off.
 When the camera would beep he would say, "Nooooooooooooooo."

 I wish I had gotten him a little more centered, but at this point I felt like Austin Powers...I wasn't even looking at what I was shooting....I was too busy acting silly, determined to get a smile out of him. 

Then he started eating dirt and it was all over:
I am planning on taking him to the barn tomorrow for a photo shoot. I'm going to pick up some pumpkins on the way and set out some hay bales...we'll see how it goes. Maybe I will get another 3 good ones. Thursday I am going to take him downtown for his final photo shoot. Then I can get these ordered and meet my goal of getting his 18 month pics before he turns 19 months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment