Monday, October 17, 2011

15 Minute White Bean Soup

This has become my go-to busy night meal. It's really easy and seriously only takes 15 minutes. So healthy too! I think I make it at least one night a week. This recipe is perfect for 2 people...and a Joseph. It's a Martha Stewart recipe. I am not usually a big bean fan but I have discovered that I really like white beans. I know I have at least one reader who is vegetarian so here's one that she can enjoy (as long as she sticks with vegetable broth instead of chicken broth)!! It's rare to find a main dish from me that is meatless. Here's the recipe:

15 Minute White Bean Soup

2 tsp olive oil
2 scallions, thinly sliced (I've used chopped yellow or red onion too)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 can (14.5 oz) vegetable broth (I use chicken broth)
1 can (19 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
course salt and pepper
freshly grated parmesan

Heat oil in 1.5 quart saucepan. Add scallions, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring frequently, until scallions begin to soften (about 3 minutes).

Add beans and broth. Cook until heated through (5 minutes or so). Remove from heat and add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parmesan.

Enjoy!!

If you want to print this recipe, go here.

I almost finished 2 craft projects today...YAY! That's about all the news I have. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment