Thursday, October 13, 2011

I don't wanna...

I am going to catch this horse....

Today at gymnastics Joseph rocked the things he wanted to do (kicking blocks on the balance beam, bouncing on the tumble track) but then would clam up and throw a fit when it came to things he didn't think were fun (hanging on the bar, hopping on the balance beam). He would eventually do whatever it was he didn't want to do and I would shake my head and tell him that he is so much like his daddy. I mean, I have always been fairly focused and have done lots of things that I didn't want to do. I made it through a masters degree.....believe me, I did LOTS of stuff that I didn't want to do. I didn't fuss that much about it, did I? I had come to the conclusion that my son might look just like me, but he is his daddy on the inside. 

Maybe that assessment is not so accurate.....

I caught myself being a little Joseph-like today. 

"I don't want to cook supper....so I won't" I did by the way...and it was really good and I took pictures of said supper and will blog it later. :)

"I don't want to put the laundry away....why do I always have to put the laundry away....I'm not going to do it." I did, though.

"I don't want to clean the kitchen....I'm not going to." Still haven't.

"I don't want to put all the toys away....I didn't get them out....so they can just stay out if it's up to me." Toys are still all over the floor.

I know that I will inevitably clean the kitchen and put the toys away and do all those other things that I don't want to do. But my inner toddler is throwing a decent tantrum.

So maybe we aren't so different. I just keep my toddler on the inside...and he lets his hang all the way out....but why shouldn't he? He IS a toddler.

I know that I usually show what I'm working on in my Thursday posts, but I didn't take any pictures this week. I have a bit of craft schizophrenia. I have a wreath that I started today, little pipe cleaner wreath ornaments and a cross stitch that I am giving as a gift to someone who reads the blog, so I can't show it. I also have a few more projects that are in the planning phase. I have been spending WAY too much time (and money) at the craft store lately. :) 

Hope ya'll are having a great Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment