Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cooking with the Shaws - Graham Cracker Cookies

I made Slow Cooker London Broil for dinner tonight which meant I didn't have a lot to do to get supper on the table except make some rice. Joseph was enthralled with a movie so I took advantage and decided to make something sweet. I decided on Linda's Graham Cracker Cookies. I have made things similar to these..like saltine cracker toffee and such. I made a half batch because I knew they would be deadly...I have trouble stopping myself from eating these. And actually I only used about 1/3 of a box of graham crackers because that's what fit nicely on my small cookie sheet and a 1/2 box didn't really fill out my next biggest very well. I spent about 15 minutes rearranging crackers on 3 cookies sheets....and finally settled on my smallest cookie sheet...more buttery goodness per cracker. It worked nicely.

I hope the pecan trees are doing good this year, mom...because those are the last of my pecans that you see on these cookies!!!! The HORROR!!!

Graham Cracker Cookies (p 290)
1 cup butter
1/2 c sugar
1 box graham crackers
pecans (I think roughly chopped would work better than whole)

Melt butter. Add sugar and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Line cookie sheet with graham crackers. Pour butter mixture over crackers and sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

A super quick and easy sweet treat....I was eating them within 30 minutes from the time I started them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how the pecan crop is going to be, but I still have a lot in the freezer. Wish you had taken some back with you.

    ReplyDelete