Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Trip to Tennessee

Who is that big boy walking down the road?

We went to Tennessee for the weekend. It was a glorious fall weather. I did not get very many pictures and of the ones I did take, only a few were in focus. My camera and I aren't really getting along right now. When all is right, it takes gorgeous pictures, but if something is off, it take mediocre pictures at best. It's too smart for me. And Joseph is a very hard subject to photograph.

My parents and I went yardsaling Saturday morning. A town north of us was having a "city" wide yard sale and last year it was evidently stupendous. Not this year. I found a few things, but most of it was over priced. I thought I had hit the jackpot when I found a sale full of toddler boys clothes and shoes but she wanted more than I would pay at a resale shop. Hello, this is supposed to be a yardsale. Hope she had fun boxing it all back up. And one lady wanted $6 for run of the mill stuffed animals. Crazy.

I then spent much of the weekend going through old boxes of stuff in the attic. Mom is having a yardsale (and believe me, things will be priced to move!) later in October and has been going through stuff to find things to sell and generally getting everything organized. I had an organization bug hit me so I went with it. It was fun finding old toys and reminiscing. I got some good work done.

Here are some of the pics I got over the weekend.

 Joseph ready to do some carpentry.
This is the mudroom in Mom and Dad's "New-Old" house. I'll tell its story later.

 Joseph heading out to climb aboard "Ollie"

 Smokey chilling after he got yelled at for chasing chickens.

"I freaking LOVE horses!"

No comments:

Post a Comment