Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trick or Treat Brownie Cupcakes

I whipped these up today. They were on the Betty Crocker calendar that I have hanging in the kitchen. I've been staring at them all month and finally made them. I wouldn't say that they are anything spectacular, but if you want something Halloween-y that you can make in a snap, these are a solid choice. How can you go wrong with an iced brownie?

Trick or Treat Brownie Cupcakes

1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Brownie mix
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Eggs
1 c white vanilla baking chips
1 3/4 c powdered sugar
6 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
3 Tbsp Milk
6-8 drops yellow food color
6-8 drops red food color
24ish miniature candy bars

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 24 regular sized muffin cups.

In a medium bowl, stir mix, oil, water, and eggs together for about 50 strokes (pretty standard brownie making). Divide batter among cups. They will be 1/2 full or less. I was only able to do 22 cups. Bake 13-18 minutes or until done. Cool 30 minutes in tins and then remove.

In another bowl, microwave vanilla chips on high for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Cool slightly.

In medium sized bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, milk, and food colors until fluffy. Stir in melted chips. Spoon frosting over cooled cupcakes. Top each with a candy bar.

I will say that the candy in the original picture looked like little squares....so I went searching for little square chocolate candy. All I found were fun size peanut butter snickers. They actually took up the whole top of the cupcake so I cut them in quarters. You just can't see the cut side in the pics. I think it's cute.

Anyway, we are gearing up for the big UK vs MSU game tonight. I am about to go get ready! YAY! I just thought I should probably blog before since it could be pretty late before we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment