Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cooking with the Shaws - Butter Me Not Rolls


As I have said before, I like to have a bit of bread with my supper. If I'm doing a "meat and 2 sides" kind of meal, I like a roll or buttered bread with it. Mayonaise muffins are my usual go to quick bread. I'm not sure if I have ever posted them on here. I will have to check and if not, I will put them up later. They are so simple and good.

Anyway, Susan's Butter Me Not Rolls (pg 93) are another good quick bread that I ran across. They have a stick of butter in them, so what is not to like?

Butter Me Not Rolls

1 stick butter or margarine, melted
2 cups bisquick
8 oz sour cream

Combine all ingredients and place in cups of muffin tin. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

And for heaven's sake...don't butter these before eating them!! :)

I liked them. I don't know that they will take the place of my mayo muffins, but they will be good to switch in every once in a while. They have a very nice texture...almost silky.

I promise, I will get around to posting the recipe for that chicken fried steak soon (also a Shaw recipe).

Joseph started gymnastics today. It was kinda rough. He spotted some balls as soon as we got to the gym and that's really all he wanted to do. He threw a fit when I made him come over to participate. He did pretty good on the balance beam and he liked the tumble track (a big inflated thing with sides to keep them from falling off), but he didn't really tumble. He mostly liked it because he could get right in the middle of it and I couldn't reach him. He liked that. At the end they put big blocks on the balance beam and they were supposed to kick them off when they got to them. Of course, Joseph had no idea what he was doing..so we "made" him kick the block and that just tickled the fire out of him. He was giggling so much he just completely lost any balance he had. We got him back together and went to the next block which he starting trying to kick when he was about 2 feet away from it. It was really comical. I wasn't really expecting so much actual gymnastics. I was think it would be just inflatables and mats and stuff. I do think it's interesting to see what these little guys can do.

Oh and I realized I never gave an update on Pumpkin. I did take her to the vet and had some bloodwork done. Since she wasn't in peril, we had it sent off to save some money. I missed the vet's call yesterday but the tests came back normal. So we are left with it being some sort of skin mite (since Daysie doesn't have any signs of that, I doubt she has mites), a food allergy, or stress. I'm supposed to call the vet back and talk to her but I haven't yet. I'm not in the best of moods today and really don't feel like hearing the "you must feed Science Diet" spill. She's a good vet, but like all vets these days, they just drink the Science Diet Kool Aid. I'm not getting into my thoughts on Science Diet on here. Just know that I do not buy their food.

Well, I hope you are all having a fantastic Thursday! College football starts tonight so I'm pretty excited! My Mississippi State Bulldogs take on Memphis tonight at 8! Woo Hoo!! I've got my maroon on!



2 comments:

  1. My boys renamed these "scooby snacks". We love to eat them with honey. A family fravorite!
    >>Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the butter me not rolls!!!
    :) Bussy

    ReplyDelete