Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fudge Pie


 I always forget how good this pie is…and dangerous. Dangerous because I ALMOST always have the ingredients to make it. It’s also incredibly simple.
Incredibly simple, incredibly good, and incredibly dangerous….
Bad combo.
Joseph really loved it. He has his mother’s sweet tooth!
Here’s what you need:
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
¼ c cocoa
¼ c flour
1 c sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 pie crust
Lightly beat the eggs.
Add the melted butter slowly to the eggs  as to not curdle them  (or you could just let your butter cool a bit, but I’m not that patient).
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
Pour into an unbaked pie crust.
Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes or until firm. Mine was a little on the underdone side, but I like them better that way.
Enjoy a big slice with a glass of cold milk. Yum!

I don't really have any new news on the dog adoption front. We are still waiting on 2 applications to process before we can even meet the dogs. One of our top three has already been ruled out because we have cats. The shelter didn't think we were a good match for her. I so dislike waiting. 

Joseph was supposed to start music class this morning but they cancelled it since we were the only ones to sign up for this month. So he is starting gymnastics tomorrow morning. I'm excited. I think he will have a great time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment