Sunday, August 28, 2011

Breakfast Cookies

I was just thinking about these tonight…thinking that I need to bake a batch tomorrow. For a couple of weeks there I was baking a couple recipes a week, so you know they have to be good. I wasn’t necessarily the one eating them though….although I could eat them all. The munchkin LOVES them. And when he finds something he likes, I’m gonna keep making it….especially something as healthy as these.

I modified these from some cookies I found on Cookie Madness.

The batch that I pictured above had blueberries and almonds in them, but I’ve also made them with raisins and pecans. I listed both variations below.

Here’s what you need:

¼ c brown sugar

3 T honey

1 egg

¼ c oil

1 tsp vanilla

½ tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp salt

1 c all purpose flour

¼ c whole wheat flour (or you could use all white flour)

½ c rolled oats (quick cooking is fine)

¼ c raisins (or blueberries)

¼ c chopped pecans (or almonds)


One of the things I LOVE about this cookie is that it is a one bowl recipe. Mix together the sugar, honey, egg, oil, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.

Add in flour(s) and oats. Mix.

Fold in raisins and pecans.

Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack.

*I have not abandoned my Cooking with the Shaws project. I will be posting one of those tomorrow..if all goes well!*

No comments:

Post a Comment