Sunday, August 7, 2011

Creepy Big Baby and My Weekend


A week or so ago, I decided I wanted to order something with my Disney Movie Rewards points. I was just in the mood to get something for "free." You get the points by entering codes from Disney DVDs and stuff. I have quite a few...mostly because I never spend them. Well, I decided to spend some. I settled on this little figurine from Toy Story 3. I love Toy Story 3. But the thing is, it is a mystery box...you don't know which figure you are going to get. OOOOH...a gamble.

The box would contain one of the following characters:
I decided I was good with any of those except Big Baby...he's creepy. I didn't even like baby dolls when I was little...especially the ones that closed their eyes and stuff. *Shiver* I was really excited to get my "freebie" and I opened it up with anticipation only to find....
Yep...Big Baby. Creepy. I gave him to Joseph. He doesn't care about creepiness....yet.

It has just been one of those weekends....well, I would've said it had been a pretty great weekend...until this morning.

You see we went to the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville. It was a good time and Joseph was pretty good. He did lots of socializing. I don't know how much he cared about the cars...he really just got excited when the trams passed by because they were pulled by tractors. He really wanted to ride on the tractors.

Afterward we went to eat at one of my favorite Louisville restaurants, the BBC (Bluegrass Brewing Company). Joseph had about had it at this point and was pretty fussy during dinner. But we did manage to eat...even while passing a squirmy boy between us. I will say that I will not venture from my usual beer anymore. I decided to get a Bourbon Barrel Ball which is basically bourbon, bourbon beer, and cream. It was not bad, but not great. The bad thing was that they brought me the wrong cocktail at first and it was something that tasted just like Nyquil. YUCK! But the food was good. Michael had a steak (of course) and I had Jerk Chicken. We finally got home and got our fussy little one to bed.

So, yeah...good weekend. Then this morning the first thing I remembered when I got up was that Joseph had a swim lesson....yesterday. And we missed it. :( I was pretty upset at myself about that. Then I pulled out my crescent roll dough that I made Friday night so I could make Apple Dew Cake yesterday but then we were gone until 9 and that was too late for that. Well, it's all dried up today. I've got it setting out with a moist towel on it, but I'm not holding out much hope for its resurrection. Oh and I would've put some pics on here from the Car Show, but I can't find the camera. Oy.

Not a terrible weekend by any means...but I just hate forgetting things and letting things go to waste. I used to be so good at remembering. I almost forgot Spice's appointment with the farrier on Tuesday, but luckily another woman from the barn called me that morning because she was going to see about getting her horse trimmed that day and that reminded me in time to get out the door.

Maybe it's just mommy brain. All I know is that I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment