Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cooking with the Shaws - Imperial Chicken Bake

I made this a little while ago and it was wonderful. It is similar to a Parmesan chicken dish that I make often, but actually it so much better and will probably take the place of my regular Parmesan chicken. It's Mary Ann's Imperial Chicken Bake (p143). It's super simple which is always good!

Imperial Chicken Bake
Serves 6
1/2 c dry bread crumbs
1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 c milk
1/4 butter or margarine
1 small clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
Paprika

Combine first 5 ingredients. Dip each breast in milk and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange in a lightly greased 12x8x2 inch baking dish. Combine butter, lemon juice, and garlic. Drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until tender.

I used thin chicken breasts and thus it did not take 40 minutes for mine to cook. As with any recipe, it's a good idea to keep an eye on what you are cooking to keep it from getting over done since all ovens are different.

I am getting back into the swing of things after being in Tennessee for almost a whole week. I feel like I've been doing laundry nonstop since I've returned!! I know Joseph misses his daily tractor rides and getting to feed the cats and chickens, but I'm trying to make sure he doesn't get bored. :) He doesn't get to drink out of the hose as much here though...he was a big fan of drinking straight from the hose:

No comments:

Post a Comment