Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I'm Working On - July 28th, 2010

I didn't get a whole lot more done on my cross stitch this week. Joseph had his 4 month check up at the doctor on Friday with shots and so he has needed a little extra care. Between that and Free Kitty Litter Fiasco 2010, not a lot of time to work on it. I think it's coming along nicely and is quickly becoming one of my favorite cross stitches that I've done.

I FINALLY finished 4 Blondes. I have to say that the next 2 novellas were MUCH better than the second one..not that it took much. Over all, I have to say that it was just an ok book. I'm moving on into something a little more intense:
I love John Grisham. We went to the same college, you know! This is his first work of nonfiction about a man wrongfully charged with murder in a small Oklahoma town. I've only read just a smidgen. So far it's interesting, but kind of dry. I think at this point so early in the book, it's so much background and facts. I'm sure it will speed up and feel more "Grisham-y."

Here's my bargain shopping haul this week:
Add to that a box of Kotex, 2 Dove chocolate bars, and 3 packs of Orbit gum for right around 30. A little more than last week, but notice the BIG box of diapers. I think the diapers and ziploc bags make up almost half of what I spent.

Joseph started eating rice cereal this week:
I don't know that he QUITE likes it, but he puts up with it. It makes his dad cringe....he HATES messy food. I think I got almost 4 Tbsp of milk + cereal down down him yesterday...well, not "down" him, at least TO his mouth. Maybe 1/2 of that actually got swallowed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment