Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Great Buffalo Chase 2010

Michael, Joseph, and I competed in the Great Buffalo Chase 5K this weekend at Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort. This was our fourth time to be in the Chase. The only year we've missed since 2006 was when my ankle was broken in 2008. I just walked this year since I had Joseph with me and he is a bit young for a jogging stroller and I'm not in shape enough to attempt a 3 mile run yet. I have to say it was kind of nice to walk. I got to see a lot more of the scenery that way. Joseph was a good boy. He went to sleep after a couple of miles. I was moving on and still clocked a shade over 46 WALKING! Michael ran it in a little over 32, which is great considering he hasn't run a lick since February. He has now gotten the running bug again and wants to run a 5K in 25 minutes by the Black Cat Chase in October. We'll see how that goes. I would just like to run one completely by then. Check out the results from this race here.

Here are some snapshots from the day:


It was a cool 58 when we left the house! So, Joseph had on long sleeves.

I tried to take some pictures while walking, but I felt kinda dorky doing that and thus a lot of the pics are blurry from just throwing up the camera and taking the picture.


This is always one of my favorite races. It has really grown too! This year there were over 400 participants. In 2006, there were only about 150. Considering the Bluegrass 10,000 is the same day in Lexington and had 3500 runners, there was a whole lot of running going on this past Saturday in the Bluegrass!
I don't know when the next race will be for us. Probably after I get more able to run and we get a jogging stroller. Michael got his training run in this evening, but I was dealing with a fussy child and did not. At least he went to bed kinda early and I was able to get a workout in on the Wii. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment