Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What I'm Working On - August 4th, 2010

Can you believe it is August already?! Wow! Where does the time go? My week has been a touch hectic so far. We went to my parents' house for the weekend and now Michael is out of town. On top of that, I keep finding projects to work on around the house and no, Free Kitty Litter Fiasco 2010 is not resolved completely yet.

Anyway, here is the cross stitch this week:

As you can see, I didn't get a whole lot done on it. It turns out I'm missing a few colors so I have to find some time to run to the craft store to get them or figure out a replacement color.

I am still reading "The Innocent Man." Still doesn't really read like John Grisham, but I like it. It's interesting since it's a true story and also kinda scary at the same time that our justice system could make such crazy mistakes. I mean, this one little town put not one, but 3 innocent men away for murder....I don't think 2 were ever released. Anyway, I'm about halfway through it now. I've only been reading it while I've been rocking Joseph.

Here's my bargain shopping for the week:
All total: $18. It's kinda like buying the diapers and getting the rest for free. I splurged a little this week too by buying the Jean diapers. I have been wanting them forever. They are too big for Joseph now, but since they are limited edition, I didn't want to wait for him to be in that size to buy them. I also had some CVS reward bucks that were about to expire....so I used them to buy those diapers. I don't count reward bucks in the cost reductions though, since I counted them when I bought whatever item I got the reward for.

Joseph went to his first wedding this week:
One of my best friends, Joanie, got married back in Tennessee. It was soooooo hot and the munchkin actually spent most of the actual wedding in the car with Michael. He was sooo tired at the reception. Between him going to bed earlier these days and being on Central time down there instead of Eastern, we couldn't stay long, but I snapped this pic of the beautiful bride and my little man before we left.

Joseph also met one of his future classmates this weekend. My other best friend, Ellen, had her baby this past week...a girl named Gabi. We went to visit them before we headed back to Frankfort. Should all go well and we get to move back to Tennessee, those 2 little ones will be in school together! How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment