Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"The Other White Meat" Pizza

I make a lot of pizza. I like to play around with the ingredients and stray from the usual red sauce and pepperoni. I find that when I'm in a pinch, I can always whip up a pizza of some sort. This is my all time favorite pizza. I call it "The Other White Meat" pizza because it has only pork and white cheese and white sauce. It's fantastic....try it, you'll like it. You will need:
1 pizza crust
sauce:
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c heavy cream (or light cream)
1/2 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
Toppings:
6 slices thin sliced or shaved smoked ham
3 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 c mozzerella cheese, grated
Dried parsley (optional, I just like the little flecks of green)

In a small saucepan, melt butter with olive oil over med heat.
Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
Add cream and continue to cook for a few minutes or until slightly thickened. I like to get a whisk in there and whoop it a little. The sauce should coat a spoon at this point.
Take pan off the heat and stir in parmesan until melted.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Spread sauce on crust.
Sprinkle mozzerella evenly over sauce.
Cute each piece of ham into quarters and place over cheese.
Sprinkle with bacon.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of crust).
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment