Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lemon Vermicelli

Another day, another post! Man, I am on a roll! This is a recipe for a side dish I made the other night. Michael was not terribly impressed with it, but that doesn't surprise me. I would say that this is kind of a "chick food." I thought it was a nice summery side dish and went well with the pork chops I fixed. It is a recipe out of Southern Living. It serves 4...and when Southern Living says it served 4, it does...heartily. Here's the recipe (sorry, no pic, I'm lucky to get a meal on the table these days, much less be all photographical, is that a word?)

Lemon Vermicelli
1/3 c whipping cream
3 Tbsp butter
7 oz dried vermicelli (I used thin spaghetti)
1/4 c fresh lemon juice (I used bottled)
1/3 c fresh grated parmesean cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat butter and cream in a small saucepan over medium low heat until butter is melted. Set aside and keep warm.

After draining pasta, put pasta in a bowl and add lemon juice. Let sit one minute. Stir in butter/cream mixture and cheese. Serve immediately. I don't know how immediate it needs to be....I waited about 20 minutes and it was still good.

Enjoy!

1 comment: