Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apple Bundles

These Apple Bundles are super quick and easy for a weeknight dessert. I modified the recipe from one I found in Southern Living (yes, I've been on a real Southern Living kick lately). I got these all fixed up when I had time yesterday afternoon and just brushed them with egg white and sprinkled the sugar on top and popped them in the oven after supper. Here's the recipe:

1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into small chunks
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 pie crust (I used the refrigerated roll out kind, but I bet they would be awesome with a homemade crust)
1 egg white
1 Tbsp sugar
caramel sauce

Mix the apple chunks, lemon juice, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
Cut the pie crust into quarters.
Divide the apple mixture evenly among the crust pieces.
Bring the corners of the crust up and seal with fingers to make a "bundle."
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 425 for 18-20 minutes.
Serve warm drizzled with caramel sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment