Friday, June 18, 2010

Crunchy Chicken Casserole

I made this casserole the other night when I just couldn't decide what to make, but knew that I had a chicken breast in the fridge that needed to be used. I modified this from The Girl Who Ate Everything's Poppyseed Chicken. Her's was topped with crackers, but I didn't have enough crackers, so I used stuffing mix. My mom makes a similar casserole that is sooo good. Here's the recipe for the one I made:

1 large chicken breast, cubed
1/4 c onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 box chicken stuffing mix
1/2 stick butter, melted

Optional:
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. Cook until done.

Mix cooked chicken, soup, sour cream and Worcestershire (optional).

Pour into an 8x8 glass dish.

Mix stuffing mix, butter, poppy seeds, and cheese (if desired).

Sprinkle stuffing mixture evenly over chicken mixture.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and topping is golden brown.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment