Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Perfect Thanksgiving Meal Pt 1

Two Words: HASHBROWN CASSEROLE!

I think there would be mutiny if there were any Thanksgiving/Christmas meals involving my mom or I where this dish did not make an appearance. It's pretty much fabulous.....and so simple!

The Recipe:

1 can cream of chicken soup

8 oz sour cream

8 oz cheddar cheese

1 stick of butter or margarine

onion (1/4 to 1/2 of an onion), chopped

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Hasbrown shredded potatoes (I use the frozen bag of shredded potatoes)

Start off with a can of cream of chicken soup.



Dump it into a large (you want a LARGE bowl) and add the sour cream.




Dump in the cheese (you can use sharp or mild cheddar....both are delicious. I put mild in this one)




Melt a stick of butter or margarine





Pour into the bowl





Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Stir this concoction up.


Add the potatoes...these were mostly thawed. I left this in the fridge overnight so it was ok that they weren't thawed all the way. However, if you are baking this directly, it's better if the potatoes are thawed all the way. Stir Stir Stir.....this is the hardest part of this dish. It can take a bit to get it all incorporated.


Meanwhile, I caught Shelby getting too close....he isn't allowed to be "underfoot" while I'm cooking....so....



He got in trouble and had to go to the Love Seat. Doesn't he look just pitiful??? I swear he could be on a Humane Society TV ad.....so abused.


Anyway, Dump the mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish.


Spread it out and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. I apologize for not having a picture of the final product....just invision it as this only golden and bubbly. I was in a bit of a hurry to get out the door and to Michael's family Thanksgiving.


This is sure to please at any potluck....hope you enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment