Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Parmesean Crusted Chicken

This is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken. It's so easy and the effort required is pretty minimal. Also, I almost always have the stuff to make it in my kitchen, so it's always good for a quick main dish. Here's what you need: Chicken tenderloins (or breasts cut into strips)
Bread Crumbs (Italian seasoned or plain)
Italian seasoning (if using plain bread crumbs)
Parmesean cheese (the grated refrigerated kind in the green container works best; I neglected to put it in the above picture)
Flour
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Butter

I rarely measure the dry ingredients...but I would say it is equal parts bread crumbs, flour, and cheese. I season mine liberally with italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix that all together in a shallow dish.

Melt 2-4 TBSP of butter (enough to dip as many tenders as you want to cook)

Dip the chicken in the butter and then the bread crumb mixture.

Place in an oven safe dish.


I usually drizzle any extra butter I have over the chicken. Yummy!

Then pop them in the oven uncovered at 350 F for 30 minutes or so. You can broil them for the last couple minutes to get them nice and brown on the top. Watch them closely if you do that!


These go great with mashed potatoes or pasta with marinara sauce. I am quite picky about my chicken, but I never go wrong with this dish! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment