Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kentucky (Derby) Pie

Now I don't know if I can TECHNICALLY call this a Kentucky Derby Pie since it contains no bourbon. However, this has been one of my favorite pies for a LONG time and even the baking deficient seem to have no problem with this super simple, really yummy pie.

Here's what you need:

1 csugar

1/2 c all purpose flour

1 stick of butter or margarine, melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 tsp vanilla

1 c pecans, lightly chopped

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 pie crust In a small bowl combine the sugar...

and flour.


Melt the butter.....




And pour into dry mixture.



Beat the eggs....



Add to bowl.



Add vanilla



Stir.


Add Pecans (mine were REALLY light on the chopping...it's better if they are more chopped than these but my chopper was dirty)



And chocolate chips (I used chunks....they were out of the chocolate chips that were 10 for 10 at Kroger and I was not paying $1.50 more for the other chips...so I bought chunks, but chips work better)


Stir.


Pour into an unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until no longer jiggly in the middle.

Sorry, I've been epic failing on taking pictures of finished items. Just trust me that this pie is both beautiful and delicious. Everyone always thinks it's more work than it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment