Thursday, September 30, 2010

8 Week Challenge - Final Results

So today was the end of my 8 Week Challenge at Julie's Boot Camp! It's been amazing and while I'm no where near my ultimate goal, I'm a lot closer than I was. I have learned so much about eating healthier and I feel so much better physically and mentally. Here's my progress:

Weight: -11.6 lbs
Bicep: - 0.5 in
Waist: -6 in
Hips: -2.5 in
Thigh: -1 in
Body Fat %: -1.5% (that's over 7 lbs of pure fat lost!!)
BMI: -1.7 (I'm no longer in the "Obese" range...not that I put much stock in BMIs. I think they are crap, but it's nice that my Wii Fit will no longer call me obese.)

When I began the challenge, Julie (my trainer...I'm not referring to myself in the 3rd person!) had me set a goal that I wanted to reach in 8 weeks. I thought about this a lot and set my goal as this: I wanted to be able to take a picture with Joseph that I didn't hate the way I looked. I didn't like that I couldn't take a picture with my son that I didn't hate. Here's an example of one taken not too long before I started the challenge:It's an ok enough picture, but I just didn't look like what I thought I looked like. I still view myself as pre-pregnancy Julie and am shocked when I see what I actually look like.

This one was taken a few weeks ago. This was the first one that I didn't dislike how I look:
I'm not going to take part in another challenge. I'm just going to continue going to boot camp 4+ times a week and continue on my eating plan. I will continue to update ya'll on my progress every few weeks. 10 more lbs to go until I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight and I hope to lose another 20 on top of that. For the first time in a long time, that doesn't seem unattainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment