Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I'm Working On Wednesday

Here's my latest cross stitch:I've been working on it a little over a week now. The colors are pretty drab...much more drab than I thought they would be by looking at the pattern, but I'll wait and see what the final product looks like before I judge too much.

Here's my bargain shopping this week:
Total: a shade over $5. I haven't been real serious about my bargain shopping the past couple weeks. I'm trying to limit myself to one store a week now...so I pick which ever one has the best deals or the one that I have rewards that are expiring. This week I went with Rite Aid.

I FINALLY finished John Grisham's The Innocent Man. Oh my goodness....I was struggling to finish that one. I hate to leave a book unfinished. I have to say it was my least favorite Grisham ever. I hope he sticks with fiction from here on. This was his first nonfiction. It was written well enough, but I just didn't like the main character. While it was awful for him to be put on death row for a crime he didn't commit, I just didn't like him and didn't like reading about him. But, it's done now and I'm moving on to the next book:
I hope this one doesn't take as long for me to read, but I don't take as much time to read anymore. I used to read a lot while rocking Joseph, but now if I'm rocking him and he's awake, he tries to grab my book and put it in his mouth. If he's asleep and I'm rocking him, the turning of the pages will usually wake him up. And if I'm not rocking him, I usually have things going on that are a bit higher up on the ol' to do list than reading. :)

We have really been enjoying this cooler weather! Joseph has been able to spend so much more time outside! He has discovered that he loves grass now...so good luck keeping him on the blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment