Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We survived!

I apologize for the lack of posts this past couple weeks! Wow has it been crazy! First of all, Joseph had his 6 month growth spurt and it was his worst yet! I thought it was going to kill me! Then the little man got Hand Foot and Mouth Virus. Luckily he didn't run much of a fever and aside from the spots, it didn't really seem to affect him at all. But then I got it. Let's just say I wasn't so lucky. It was the sickest I've been in a LONG time! Nothing would get my fever down and my throat was so sore that I could barely eat or drink. I have to say it is much harder being sick when you are a mom! Luckily the worst was over a weekend so Michael was able to help me. Then this past weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. Not only did we have the usual "reunion" Saturday nightbut we also got together at the football game on Friday (that's what the pic above is from) and had a picnic on Saturday afternoon. It was fun, but so exhausting. Michael was in a wedding and couldn't go with me, so that was disappointing. However, I enjoyed seeing everyone. I hadn't seen most of my classmates since graduation. I kinda got the heck out of dodge, and while I come home every 3 to 4 weeks, I pretty much limit my visiting to my family and a couple of close friends (whom I didn't go to school with). Anyway, the little man and I got back home yesterday afternoon and are still recuperating. I was planning on going to the lunch time class at the gym, but Joseph decided he needed a nap more. My number one rule is not to wake the baby! I am planning on going out and riding Spice this afternoon and MAYBE working in a short run. We'll see. I have a 5K this weekend and also one at the end of the month. I don't know that I'll run in any more until Spring...I'm not much for cold weather running...

No comments:

Post a Comment