Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a really full weekend. Joseph spent the night with his Aunt Lynn and cousin Sydney (Sissy). When we went to drop him off, we left James for a few hours and went and watched Iron Man 3. If you know me, you know I love Love LOVE superhero movies. I also love Love LOVE Robert Downey Jr. I thought the movie was great. 

After being awoken by James many many times Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning bright and early and we headed to Lexington to the jean Farris winery to run theGrape Gallop 5K. It was a cool drizzly morning but I really enjoyed the race. It was small but really well run and the course, while hilly, was very scenic. I was still painfully slow but I did trim over 30 seconds off last week's time so I guess that's about all I can hope for.  They served a full breakfast afterward and James ate a whole plate of scrambled eggs. A fun note about that race was that the women kicked it! The top 5 or so finishers were women, and the lady who won had a daughter about James' age. 


After the race, we picked up Joseph and headed home. After an attempt at a nap which left me feeling worse than when I laid down, I went outside and cleaned the plants out of the garden. Michael tilled it and I took Joseph on the world's longest trip to town to get plants and soil.  Shopping with a toddler is always fun.  When we got to the nursery all he wanted to do was leave, but then he saw that they had fountains..he is obsessed with water...and I need up being the one dragging him out of there. I actually had to promise him ice cream. I too him to the frozen yogurt place and had java chip greek frozen yogurt with cookie dough on top.  Yum. Joseph had birthday cake yogurt with Reese's pieces. After about 3 hours, we finally made it back home with our plants and got down to business.






Michael went to NYC for work this morning and won't be back until the 22nd. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm trying to make the best of it. The boy and I had a good day going to church and then to the Mexican restaurant. Joseph has been such a good boy today. He got lots of praise for his behavior in the nursery at church. James on the other hand has been a bit of a grouch. I guess that happens when you don't sleep at night...I wouldn't know...oh wait..yes I would. 

I've got some big plans this week. Hopefully can fit in a couple of 10K training runs, an open house for a preschool for Joseph, and the Pro Active 5K Friday night. Oh and I will be mucking stalls and feeding horses Monday and Tuesday mornings...I will post more on that later. Right now I am going to enjoy a bit of peace before James wakes up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment