Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meet Ellie.

We had a really good weekend. I will post more about that later. First, I would like to introduce y'all to Ellie:

Up until yesterday, I drove a VW Passat Sedan. I love Love LOVE that car. It was dark blue with chrome and leather interior. It was a hot car. I got my first VW in 2006 and have considered myself a VW person since.


Michael drove a red Ford F250 Diesel.
He love Love LOVES that truck. It was a standard and just fun for him to drive. The only problem is that since he has a work van, he rarely drives the truck. He had been talking about selling it for a while. I on the other hand, had never considered getting rid of my car. No way no how.

Until Saturday....

We swapped cars with my mother in law who has an Escape. We were just talking about how we could carry both kids and the dogs in something like that and it just clicked with me.  Why were we holding on to these cars that no longer fit our family. My car is fine for just hauling the kids around, but no one else can ride. We can squeeze both dogs in if we let one sit in our lap....not fun.

So, of course, we jump on auto trader and start looking. We narrowed it to 3 makes: the VW Touareg (my choice), the Ford Flex (his choice) and the Ford Explorer (only 2011 and up, both of us were pretty well on board with that). After much talking, he were 90% set on the Touareg. We just needed to see one. So, we looked at one yesterday, it was simply not big enough. It was essentially my car as a hatchback on a 4x4 platform. I was so disappointed. Then we went to look at the Flex and Explorer. The Flex was fine. I really liked it on the inside but I wasn't sold on its looks. The explorer was fantastic though. The only problem was that it was at the very edge of our budget. We really wanted to trade both of our cars and not be out any cash. Well, to make a long story short, we drove away from Peggy the Passat and Frank the F250 and went home in Ellie the Explorer. It's going to be an adjustment for me but I'm pretty happy with it...only 1 insurance payment, only 1 tax payment, and it fits our whole family fur babies and all.

And if Coach Cal drives one, it has to be ok, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment