|Partners in Crime (has nothing to do with my post)|
I don't know why, but our house is where microwaves come to die. We've been through 3 in the past 8 years. The first was a really old one I had in college that was old when I got it for $10. But the next two were brand new. Last night I was microwaving some corn on the cob and started smelling something weird. When the timer went off, the corn was not cooked. Michael, my resident expert in all things mechanical and electrical, said it was definitely fried, I decided that I don't need a stinking microwave. It would give me more counter space without it. I really don't think we can go without one, but I'm going to try for 30 days. I've already seen the inconvenience of it when I decided I wanted leftover lasagna for lunch. I had to warm it in the stove....which took a decade. Maybe it will make me a more patient person.
So here's to day 1 sans microwave. We're going to be all old timey and stuff.