Sunday, January 30, 2011

Too Blessed to be Stressed

But just because I'm too blessed to be stressed, it doesn't mean I don't get stressed. I pretty much woke up this morning stressed. Why? I don't know. I got a much better night's sleep than usual. But I just woke up stressed. I don't know if it's because I walked in the kitchen and there was a HUGE pile of dishes in BOTH sinks. I hate when I don't do my usual cleaning for ONE day and it might as well have been a week. UGH! But I felt much better after getting through that mountain of dishes and sweeping and vacuuming and generally getting the house straightened up. I vowed that I would do no more cooking today as to keep it clean just for a little while.

That would work out though because we were supposed to be going out to eat with some friends to exchange Christmas gifts (I know...it's almost February). I use the term friends loosely here...at least where I am concerned. They only ever call when they need something from Michael...never to just hang out. I think they've seen Joseph less than a handful of times since he's been born. But they said they had gifts for us and Joseph, so we came up with something for them and have been trying to get together since early January. Well, we never got a confirmation from them for tonight and they wouldn't answer their phone so we just went out for Mexican. It was fabulous as always. Joseph spent most of the meal flirting with the table next to us only pausing for a bite of beans now and then. Silly boy.

It irritates me to no end when plans just can't seem to come together and when it seems that the other party just doesn't even try. My only stipulation is no Wednesdays. I don't want to miss circuit night at the gym. Now I have a friend who has a 15 month old and twins on the way and it seems like she is always making and subsequently canceling plans. I understand though...I mean, she's got a lot on her plate working full time, being a mom, etc, etc. It doesn't mean that it stings any less when plans get canceled. I miss getting to see my friends and I know Michael misses seeing his friends. But it seems that we are always the ones that start turning ourselves inside out to accommodate others, and I don't like it.

Anyway, enough of that! I can't believe that January is ALMOST over and in less than 2 months my baby boy will be 1!! I'm starting to plan the party..so exciting! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Despite a rocky start to the day, my house in clean and I'm ready to start a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment