Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mischief Managed (Maybe)

I was trying to find a picture to put with this blog post. I don't like posting blogs without pics. So I decided to go back a year and look at pics from then. Well, this is me a year ago...7 months pregnant making that poor horse carry my ever-widening butt around.

Anyway...I'm not going to brag on Joseph's sleeping....that's not what this is....don't get the wrong idea, universe! However, all I'm gonna say is that my damage control post worked...a little. :)

Also, I have been quite the domestic diva this week. Not only did I make a fabulous roast chicken earlier this week. I then simmered the carcass with veggies and herbs to make homemade chicken broth. Also, I used leftover chicken to make Chicken Pocket Pies which were SOOOO good and used the broth and the last of the meat to make Chicken Noodle Soup tonight. I have to say that canned broth doesn't hold a candle to homemade. I bought 2 more chickens at Kroger this week so I see many more stretching of chicken in my future. I'm pretty proud of myself for not wasting any of the bird. That is one of the things I'm trying to be better about this year. I tend to throw so much food out due to bad planning or simply forgetting that I have some of it. It makes me so mad when I clean out my freezer and throw 30 lbs of food away. So wasteful. I've got to get better about that.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's been good for me so far. Yoga this morning and a nice 50 degree day to take the Munchkin and Shelby for a walk this afternoon. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment