Friday, January 14, 2011

One thing after another...

I have so many good recipes to blog, but just haven't done it yet. It has just been a week let me tell you!!!

First of all we had the eczema rash issue which is pretty much resolved. Joseph is still a little itchy and he has a few bumps, but it is a world better! Well, this morning, Joseph felt a little warm when he got up. I didn't think TOO much of it, because he ALWAYS feels warm. He's a little furnace. Well, then we sat on the couch and watched Sprout for almost an hour without him trying to get down to chase the cats or trying to knock stuff off the end tables or anything such normal munchkin activity. Something was up. So, I took his temp and it was 101.5. Baby's first fever. Not something I really want to scrapbook, let me tell ya. I still think we are pretty lucky to have made it almost 10 months without a real fever. So we were off the the Dr. this morning. Turns out he has the flu. He is the third patient of our doctor's to have had the flu shot and still get the flu this year. The whole family got a prescription for Tamiflu and now we just have to ride it out and hope that Michael nor I get it and that Joseph gets through it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Today wasn't too bad. He just wanted to lay on me and sleep mostly or just cuddle. Which was kinda nice since he really isn't much of a cuddler usually. Knowing that he really feels bad and needs me to comfort him really put all the "need to do this and that" thoughts out of my head. I still got our Friday pizza on the table though!

In other news, the no caffiene/no sugar thing was going really good until I broke the no caffiene today. I was so worried about Joseph that I ran out the door without breakfast and by the time we left the Dr's office, it was lunchtime so I ran by KFC for a chicken sandwich and before thinking about it, got a diet pepsi out of habit and just went right ahead and drank it. Then it was like, "DOH!" I was also trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners....so it was a double whammy. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm still good on the sugar though. I've also been to Boot Camp three times this week and am already feeling so much better. I hope to be able to go to Yoga tomorrow, but that will depend on the Munchkin. I hope he will be just as happy to cuddle with dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment