Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Channeling Martha Stewart...

OK, so I've been a bit AWOL on the whole blogging thing lately. As usual, it's been insane around here. I seem to fall farther and farther behind. I've been lacking muchness lately. I don't know what it is. It just seems like everything has been so hard lately. For example: something I love as much as decorating for Christmas. As you know from previous posts, we are in the process of redoing the living room. When we decided to tear out the floor to ceiling shelves and replace them, we thought we would be done easily by Thanksgiving. Not so much. I just didn't feel like decorating when my main decorating room looked like crap and it's not like I really had any where to put my decorations. So, Michael finished the shelving and we put it up unstained just so we could have some semblance of normalcy for the holidays. However, all my decorations aren't even in the house yet. And the boxes my other Christmas stuff was in are still sitting in the corner of my living room. I feel like by the time we get everything in that needs to be in and everything that needs to go out out, Christmas will already be over and it'll be time to reverse the process. *Sigh*

I promise I'm going to get to a point here....

On a good note, I am all but done Christmas shopping. This is a record for me. I did most of it online as I found it's easier to shop online while Joseph is asleep than to haul him around from store to store in the cold (hat on, pulls hat off, hat on, go in store, hat off, coat off, shop, check out, coat on, hat on, pulls hat off, hat on, leave store, strap in car, cry, tell him it'll only be for a minute, pulls hat off, repeat). Today we went to Kmart. It was 20 degrees outside. Before we got out of the house, he had pulled off his gloves, before we got out of the driveway, his hat was off (and it was the kind that straps under his chin), and when we got to the store he was wearing neither shoes, nor socks. *Sigh* :) But now, I just sit and watch the boxes roll in....UPS and Fedex love me.

So, I told you I was getting to a point....I recently got a free subscription to Martha Stewart Magazine. I get TONS of magazines...I can't resist when a free/cheap one comes along. However, I thought I would really like Martha. I haven't always liked Martha Stewart. I used to think she was a little Too...something. Then I quit being so hard on ol' Martha. Now I LOVE her. I was reading my latest issue the other day and I told Michael that I wish I could be more like Martha....so put together. He asked what was stopping me. Me, I guess. I've said it before...I want to be put together...I want to be able to do it all. I want to remember birthdays and send cards and happys (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a small gift to make someone smile, usually given randomly). I want my house to be clean and my food to be delicious (I've usually got that). I want to eat fairly healthy (let's face it, with my love of butter, totally healthy is out of the question) and find time to run and work out. I want to ride my horse a few times a week. I want to always remember to brush my hair in the morning. I want to find time to blog almost every day and email my mom daily and catch up with my friends at least weekly. I want to be more like Martha. More than that, I want my muchness back. I'll let you know how that goes. We'll start with that hair brushing thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment