Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some Christmas Treats

It's hard to get a good picture of me and the Munchkin. Either he's looking away or I'm looking away. This was as close as we got the other day at my mom's house.

Anyway, Christmas is ALMOST here. I braved Toys R Us this morning. I'm crazy, I know. I had to exchange a gift and also had a gift card that I thought was expiring this week. Turns out it was next week. Oh well, at least I got it over with. It actually wasn't that bad at 11 AM. Then the Munchkin and I went and had lunch at Cane's. It was yummy as always and always a trip to eat out with Joseph.

I thought I would share a couple of Christmas goodies today. First of all, we have Cookie Dough Truffles:
This was the only candy I made that was a repeat from previous years. I think if I didn't make these, Michael would riot. I got them out of the Taste of Home Recipe Card Collection 2007. Here's how you make them:
1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
2 c all purpose flour
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 lbs chocolate candy coating

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, milk, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in chips. Shape into 1 in balls. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheets and chill until firm.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip chilled balls in coating. Place on wax paper lined baking sheets and refrigerate. Store in refrigerator in a sealed container.

This year, I was swamped and made the cookie dough balls ahead of time and froze them. I then coated them later, just before putting them in goody bags. They were just as good.

One of my new things this year was Turtle Tassies.
They look like they took way more effort than they did. You can find how to make them here.

I hope you are all having a stress-free holiday season! I wouldn't call mine stress free, but I'm trying to savor every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment