Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pro Active For Life 5K

Well, the whole family ran in our first 5K of the year last night. It was a doozy too! The same old Frankfort route around the Capitol building with that slow steady crazy hard hill. And it was warm last night too...like 80....which won't feel so warm in a month or two, but it made things harder than usual last night.

As usual, Michael ran with Shelby and I had the stroller. Michael did pretty good for not running pretty much since last October...33ish. I did one of my worst times ever at 38:30. But I still finished middle of the pack and middle of my age range. I started feeling nauseous during my 3rd mile (didn't eat enough carbs yesterday) and I just can't run or even speed walk while nauseous. Joseph did really good though...he didn't fuss at all until that last mile when he turned around a looked at me and started crying...probably because momma looked freaky.

It was a fun evening though. Joseph walked all over the place and then we grabbed a chocolate milk and sat on the lawn of the old capitol and shared our tasty beverage and some snacks I had packed while listening to the band.

I've already registered both of us for the Beef Festival 5K in a couple of weeks. Michael actually didn't want to do it, but I misunderstood him and registered him anyway. OOPS! It's the hardest course we've done to date...constant hills. Up...down...up..down...turn around...do it again.

Anyway, here's some pics from last night:

Joseph playing in Shelby's water.



Joseph was trucking on down the road to visit with people.



I think he was wondering if he could make it over the tracks.

On a different note...Joseph had my camera in the car this morning and took this picture:

Not bad.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! I got up and went to bootcamp class and then did yoga. I'm about beat! Time for some rest....if Joseph will allow it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment