Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Detox


My weight has been a constant issue with me since I was...oh..12. That's 17 years of battling the bulge (which was non-existent at times...what was I so worried about?)...over half my life of worrying about what I eat. I would like to say times have changed...but they haven't.

I am about to end week 7 of an 8 week weight loss challenge at my gym. I have lost.....(drumroll...)

Nothing....

as far as weight goes. I have lost quite a few inches off my waist and I've been very excited about that. I dropped a couple of pounds those first 2 weeks. Then nothing. Then I decided to be really good and work really hard. And....

gained 2 pounds back.

What the heck?

I know...I should be happy with the inches lost. And when I look in the mirror, I don't see someone who weighs what I evidently weigh. I think I look and feel better than I have in a long while. But I'm not happy with that. I want to be back down to a healthy weight. I don't want my body to have to carry these extra pounds.

The plan that I am going on is not exactly a weight loss plan. I don't want a weight loss plan. I want to change how I eat and eat more fresh whole foods and less processed crap. I saw this 28 day challenge on Martha Stewart back in January. It is done by Whole Living Magazine. I was really intrigued but dismissed it because there was no way I was going on a detox style diet when I was still breastfeeding.

Well, I've almost got Joseph weaned (thank goodness!) and am ready for a change.

This plan starts with a 7 day detox. No sugar (except fruit), no caffiene, no processed food, no wheat, no dairy, no peanuts, no soy, no eggs. Basically, it cuts out all the common allergens. Then you can see if you feel better without certain foods. The wheat, eggs, dairy, peanuts, and soy get added in slowly after 7 days. What I really liked about this plan is that meat is ok. Of course they want it to be "steroid free, organic, antibiotic free" meat, but if you know how I feel about steroids and antibiotics....psssh....you know I know that it's all safe and I'm eating it without worry.

I actually started this yesterday...and was doing ok...a little tired from lack of sugar and caffeine but ok. Then I went to the grocery to get food that I could eat and realized I had forgotten my wallet after I had already checked out. So, Michael brought it to me and since it was already 7 and I hadn't gotten home to fix supper, we went out to eat at Longhorn...and I had bread.....and dairy.....

So welcome to day one again!

This week also includes a media fast. So no TV and limited internet (I'm blogging and checking my email twice a day and that's it). I am going to still let Joseph watch Sprout and Baby Einstein. He's not on a TV fast. He's just fast! :)

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic day! It's supposed to be dry and sunny here and I'm excited to get outside with the Munchkin later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment