Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Shout Out

Joseph checking out the lambs while we were in Tennessee over Easter weekend.

So, I haven't done a cooking/baking post in a while now....in fact I really haven't done a post of any sort in a while. I have lots to post about. I've planted a garden (my first garden), We've been doing lots of yard work as well. I also want to share what the Easter Bunny brought Joseph this year...he was only 2 weeks old last Easter so this one was way more fun than last year's.

But that will all have to wait because today I'm gonna do a recipe post.

I don't have a picture for the recipe I am about to share with ya'll...I made it for a friend of mine who recently had twins. I did lots of cooking for her those first couple of weeks they were home. Anyway, I modified this recipe from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Seriously, if you haven't been to her site and checked it out, you really must. Go...now....but remember to come back and finish reading mine. She is HILL-AIR-E-US (I know that looks atrocious but I wanted to convey how I would say it). And her recipes are pretty darn good as well. The last one I tried was for Almond Joy Brownie Bites.

Now the day I made these, I was also making 2 casseroles and a pizza from scratch, so the idea of forming all these cute little balls and dipping them in chocolate just didn't appeal to me. So, I did them more in bar form...and they were AWESOME! Tasted just like an Almond Joy....except maybe better..sorry Hershey.

I followed her recipe and made a batch of box brownies. I baked them in a 9x13 dish. Then I mixed the coconut and sweetened condensed milk and spread it over the cooled brownies. I placed almonds every inch or so (depends on how big you want your brownie to be. I was thinking 1 x 1 squares. I then microwaved a bag of milk chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of crisco for 30 seconds and stirred. I then microwaved it 15 seconds at a time until it was all melted. I poured it over the almonds and put it in the fridge to chill for a little while. When the chocolate was cool but not completely hardened., I cut the brownies into 1x1 squares.

I could eat my weight in these things. :) I shouldn't though.... That might get in the way of the whole weight loss thing.

So anyway, make these sometime soon...and go visit Kristin at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment