Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spaghetti!




I should be napping now. But as you can see, I'm not. I have learned to cope with Joseph's getting up 2 to 3 times a night by taking a nap when he goes to sleep at 7:30 AM (he has been waking up between 5:30 and 6 and then by 7:30 is ready to go to bed again. We are all out of whack!). However, this morning, Michael stayed at the house until 8 and so I just kinda missed my sleep groove. I gave up trying at 8:20 since I know that Joseph will be up around 9.
Anyway....although Joseph has not improved in his sleeping habits..he has gotten better about eating solids. We had a breakthrough earlier this week when he kept going after my oatmeal that I eat as a mid morning snack. I usually only feed him solids (or attempt to) at lunch and supper. However, I thought, what the heck. So I fixed him some of his oatmeal and we sat down and ate together. Well, he wanted NOTHING to do with his oatmeal. So I offered him a spoonful of mine and he LOVED it. I looked at what the oatmeal had in it and it was just oats, cinnamon, apples, and sugar. The sugar was low, so I deemed it ok...plus he LIKES it! So we have shared oatmeal every day since. I also cooked some ground turkey and pureed it for him. He really liked it the first night but hasn't been real into it since. I wonder if he is like me and doesn't like meat reheated. Hmmm. Last night I sat him down with his usual turkey and sweet potatoes but he didn't really want either. He kept reaching for my spaghetti. So I gave him a noodle. I don't know how much he really got down but he tried so hard to eat that spaghetti. It was hilarious! So I guess he just wants to eat what we eat. That's not a bad thing...it will inspire me to cook healthier since I don't want him eating a bunch of crap. Now if he would just sleep more than 3 hours at a time at night.....

In other news....I took the jogging stroller out the other day for an afternoon run. I also took Shelby and let's just say that was INTERESTING! Jogging with stroller and dog added a whole new level of difficulty. Once I got outside it was chillier than I had thought it would be so we only ran for 20 minutes since I didn't want the Munchkin to get too cold. I didn't have him bundled up very well. I am planning on going for another run later today in addition to bootcamp at noon and riding my horse this evening. It's going to be a full day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment