Monday, November 15, 2010

Zesty Italian Casserole

This is my go to recipe. The one I usually make when I'm preparing supper for someone for the first time...the one I make and take to people's houses when they need a care package. It was the first dish I made for Michael when we started dating. It's delicious and so easy!

Here's what you need:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c chopped onion
1 c spaghetti sauce
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1-8 oz can crescent rolls
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until beef is done. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through. Spread meat mixture in a 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Drop small spoonfuls of sour cream over cheese and spread out. Unroll crescent rolls and place on top. Mix melted butter and Parmesan and brush over rolls. Bake 18-25 minutes or until rolls are golden and mixture is bubbly.

Take a look at this yumminess:



This is also a good dish to prepare ahead of time (except for baking) and keep in the fridge. Just pop it in the oven and you're 20ish minutes away from a fabulous casserole! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Made this one for my friend when she had her baby! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through a friend's. My husband and I tried this recipe last night. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete