Monday, June 3, 2013

Too.Many.Cupcakes & TBall

I suffered this weekend. I suffered from "Too Many Cupcakes" syndrome. It wasn't just cupcakes but also hotdogs...and general unhealthy food. Too much junk, not enough fruit. I crashed at about 8:30 last night and after getting back on track today, feel much better. I wouldn't say that I pigged out or anything, but I guess my body got used to the general healthy stuff I have been eating and rejected the stuff I consumed this weekend. Oh well, it tasted good. I made chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream for a baby shower. I'd post pics, but they weren't my prettiest cupcakes. Dang if they weren't good though.
James at the baby Shower..he had a blast.


Joseph started t ball tonight. I really didn't know what to expect. I hoped for the best though. I mean, we dropped out of Itty Bitty Sports last year, but I blame that on the instructor. She was horrible. We've been trying to get him excited about it. We got him a glove a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to get him to play catch. But, if you know Joseph, you know that he would rather walk through fire than do anything Michael or I want him to do.

Anyway, practice started off ok.....Joseph seemed to like the coach. Then we broke off in parent/child duos to play catch....and Joseph wanted none of it....



He would play catch with the coach, but the coach had to go and coach the other 6 kids. Then Joseph found a complete stranger and started playing catch with them. And then tried to go climb a tree. It's like herding cats....

Anyway, his real shining moment was running bases....he ran bases with everyone. Every time a kid would run the bases, Joseph went too.



I won't lie...it was a bit frustrating. I mean, all the other kids had some semblance of order...at least they acted like they liked their parents.

Maybe next time.....here's hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment