Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Sunday Eats

OK, so the Superbowl didn't turn out "quite" the way I wanted it to this year. I do find a little solice that it was the Saints that beat my Colts. I mean, it was the first time that the Saints have been to the Superbowl, let alone won. I still felt pretty crappy about it when I went to bed last night though. But I did have plenty of fabulous food. I tried not to go TOO overboard since it was just Michael and I. Anyway, I wanted to share our food and recipes with you! I don't have step by step pictures. Sorry, my kitchen was a mess and I wasn't feeling so great yesterday. So, I only have pics of the end products.

For appetizers I made Fried Mozzerella Balls:

Fried Mozzerella Balls:

Fresh Mozzerella (the kind packaged in liquid in the fancy cheese section of the grocery. I'm sure you could use cubed regular mozzerella, but this is what I used. It was already formed into little balls.

All Purpose flour

Salt & Pepper

Egg

Italian Bread Crumbs

Oil for frying

-Start heating oil (I used a small sauce pan filled about 1/3 to 1/2 with vegetable oil)

-Drain liquid off of mozzerella.

- Season flour with salt and pepper

-Beat Egg (1 egg coated about 12 balls)

-Dredge mozzerella in flour

-Dip flour coated cheese in egg and coat

-Dip Egg coated cheese in bread crumbs and coat

-Dip in egg again and in bread crumbs a 2nd time (this gets a really thick coating on the cheese)

-Fry in oil for 1-3 minutes. Just enough to get the coating crispy and brown, but not long enough for the cheese to ooze out. Drain on paper towels.

-Enjoy while warm either by themselves or with marinara sauce. YUM!

Main Course: Beef Dip Sandwiches: Beef Dip Sandwiches (slightly modified from a recipe on Pioneer Woman)

Chuck Roast (Mine was about 3 lbs)

1 can beef broth

1 packet zesty italian dressing mix

1 cup pickled banana pepper liquid (I used mild)

a few banana pepper slices

Buns

Provalone cheese

-Put the chuck roast in the crock pot

-Pour dressing packet over meat

-Pour broth and pepper liquid over meat

-Place pepper slices on meat.

-Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

- Once done and fork tender, remove meat from crock pot and shred.

-Butter the buns and toast (I used a griddle)

-Place shredded meat on bun and plop a piece of cheese on top.

-Serve with juices for dipping.


Fruit w/ Fruit Dip

I have been pretty obsessed with fruit lately...esp fresh pineapple. It's my favorite. I do not have a picture of the fruit dip (I had pretty much demolished it by last night), but here is how I make it. It's super easy.
Take 8 oz of softened cream cheese and mix with a small jar of marshmallow cream. Mix until nice and smooth. This is a little bit of heaven.

For dessert: Chess Cake Bars
Chess Cake Bars
Crust:
1 box butter recipe cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened
1 egg
Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 lb powdered sugar
-Preheat oven to 350
-Mix cake mix, egg, and butter. This will be thick and dough like.
-Press into an ungreased 9 x 13 dish
-Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well between.
-Add sugar and mix. The result will look like a glaze.
-Pour over cake mixture in pan.
-Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 F.
-Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
I've got one of these in my lunch today. I'm so stinkin excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment