Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bourbon Pecan Fudge Pie

Michael and I went to visit some friends this weekend. I wanted to take something sweet to share with them. I rarely make anything with bourbon in it since Michael is not a big fan, but I knew that our friend, Ken, would be game to try this. It's Bourbon Pecan Fudge Pie. I found it in my Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor Cookbook (love it!). When I read the description and it said that this pie tasted like a bourbon ball, I was sold. The description did not lie. This pie has a strong taste of bourbon, so if that isn't your cup of tea, replace the bourbon with buttermilk. It would still be delicious.
Here's what you need: 1 box of brownie mix. I accidently bought the "family size" package, but I rolled with it. I also used a dark chocolate recipe, but I'm sure any style chocolate would work just fine.
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1/4 c Bourbon
1/2 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 c Chopped Pecans
1-9" pie crust (if you mistakenly buy the big box of brownies....use a deep dish pie crust, I didn't, but you will see why shortly)

Combine mix, eggs, butter, and bourbon in a bowl.

Stir 50 strokes or so or until well combined.


Dump that into a pie crust and smooth out the top.

Sprinkle chips on top

Add the chopped pecans and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until the middle is no longer all jiggly. It took mine about 47 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before serving. As you can see, a deep dish crust would have been nice here. Not the prettiest final product, but it sure was tasty. It would also be great with a scoop of ice cream! YUM....

Just look at that dark fudgy goodness....

No comments:

Post a Comment