Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Focus"

I was going to do a post about this past weekend that Michael, Shelby, and I spent at my parent's house in TN. However, I'm gonna have to split it up. I have too much material. It was a GORGEOUS weekend. Saturday was exceptionally nice. After all the snow and nastiness and cold that we've had this winter (and it looks like it's back today), it was a lovely break. I spent some time playing fetch with the dogs.
Shyann, my parent's dog, lives to fetch. Well, she lives to "do" stuff. She's a border collie in every way. She just wants to do. She has such focus and intensity. You can see it in her eyes:
She could fetch until she passed out. Fortunately I'm over it before that ever happens!

Her favorite toy is her Bad Cuz:


SOMETIMES Shelby will even get the ball:
This doesn't happen very often. He always gets to the ball first, but Shyann swoops in and grabs it. He has the speed...just not the focus. He's only part border collie....part beagle. The border collie part says, "Get to the ball....get the BALL!" The beagle part says, "SQUIRREL!"


I mean, look at this intesity:
Can you blame poor Shelby for being like, "It's cool...you can have it."

This is the same intensity that Shyann brings to all endeavors. Take the following picture for example:
Pure focus. Keeping her eye on the prize.

Yep, that is one focused dog:


This is Shelby's "focus" face:






Then the beagle part kicks in and goes "SQUIRREL!":



He's just happy to be here.

"I LOVE the farm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment