Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strawberry Margarita Pie

My mom actually picked this recipe out of my Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2003 Cookbook (as I've said before...best cookbook ever!). My parents have a couple of rows in their garden of strawberries. So, they tend of have frozen strawberries galore. I suppose you can only eat so much shortcake. This recipe is a great one for frozen strawberries. I told her that I would make it and blog it so that she could have the recipe. It got 2 thumbs up from both Michael and I.

Here's what you need:

Crust (the crust is divine!)
1 1/4 c crushed pretzels
1/2 c butter, melted
1/4 c sugar

Filling:
16 oz frozen strawberries, thawed (I just noticed that the original called for 10 oz...but I used 16...do what you want)
1/2 c frozen margarita mix, thawed (I used limeade...it was 2 dollars cheaper...probably should have thrown some orange juice or triple sec in there, but I didn't and it was still tasty.)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of an ungreased 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate while making filling.

Whisk strawberries to make sure they are good and broken up.

Stir in margarita mix and sweetened condensed milk.

Fold in whipped cream.

Pour over crust.

Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.

Slice and serve.

Note: Do you need the extra whipped cream and strawberries as pictured above? Goodness no...but it made for a pretty picture. I personally think you can never have enough whipped cream. It's kinda like buttercream...never too much.

Oh and Mom, it tastes a lot like those little frozen thingys you make at Thanksgiving and Christmas. You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment