Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not Your Usual Chicken Tacos

Sorry...I only remembered to take a picture after I had started chowing down!

I found this recipe on my Betty Crocker calendar. I have been trying to make each monthly recipe. This one was actually from May, so I was a touch behind. I have to say that I didn’t know how it would go over. It has baked beans on it….I’m not a huge fan of baked beans and neither is Michael, but I decided to give it a shot. The recipe looked easy and quick which I love for weeknight meals. I modified the recipe a little for what I had on hand.

Here’s what you need (makes 6 tacos):

1 ½ to 2 cups Chicken breast strips (I baked a chicken breast for mine, but then Joseph ate most of it, so I ended up using frozen grilled chicken strips from Tyson so that I would have enough…worked fine)

½ tsp cumin

½ tsp paprika

1 cup BBQ baked beans (from the can)

1 cup shredded cheddar

3 strips bacon, cooked

6 taco shells

Combine chicken, cumin, and paprika. Stir to coat chicken.

Spoon chicken evenly into shells.

Top with beans, cheese, and bacon.

Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells start to brown.

Give these a try. I really did like them and Michael even liked them. It's also a great way to use leftover baked beans from summer cookouts...hint hint, Mom! :)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment