Thursday, March 10, 2011

French Onion Beef Bake

Michael came home from Mississippi tonight just in time for supper. I haven't cooked in almost a week (aside from mac and cheese) so I was hoping I would remember how. :) I modified a recipe from my Pillsbury cookbook and this was the result. It was super yummy and satisfying.

French Onion Beef Bake
1 lb sirloin steak, cubed
3 cups egg noodles
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 onion, chopped (if you love onion, by all means put more as the onion really should be the star of the show...we aren't onion people)
1 Tbsp Onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup seasoned croutons
1 cup shredded swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and dump into a 9x9 dish.

Melt butter in dutch oven or large skillet. Add onion, steak, and onion soup mix. Cook until onions are tender and meat is brown on all sides. Pour over noodles.

In same dutch oven or skillet that meat was cooked in, boil 1 cup of the beef broth.

Whisk flour into remaining beef broth and pour into boiling broth. Stir until thickened.

Add rosemary, salt and pepper.

Pour over meat and noodles. Stir. Top with croutons and cheese.

Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy.


Oh yeah, you know how I was feeling all negative and down and stuff? Well, it was the weirdest thing, but it turns out it was my glasses. Weird, I know. I usually only wear my glasses for a few hours at a time, but as soon as I noticed Joseph's eyes getting cruddy, I took my contacts out and started wearing my glasses. I wore them until Wednesday. I was fine Wednesday morning and then after a few hours of being up, I just felt like I was in a rage. I was sooooo irritable. And again, something just didn't feel right. I don't know if I have some sort of pressure point behind my ears that makes me feel that way or what, but as soon as I put my contacts back in, I felt better. I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier as this sometimes happens when I wear sunglasses all day and I have to adjust the ear pieces slightly and I feel better. I know....I'm a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment