Monday, March 14, 2011

Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

One of the great things about going to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meetings, besides meeting new people and getting much needed adult conversation, is getting to bring food. Yes, I am one of those people who LOVES to sign up to bring food to whatever function. You see, I love to cook, bake, whatever, but I also love to EAT! That's the problem. I make it....then I eat it....all of it (except for what little tittle Michael might eat).

And my thighs are not of fan of that habit.

Now, I can eat a normal portion and the rest gets eaten by others. :) My thighs are smiling.

Here's something I whipped up for the meeting tomorrow. I had made something like this before for a bridal shower. I couldn't find my recipe but then I decided I don't need no stinking recipe. What happened was true fabulosity.

Here's what you need to do....seriously...you NEED to.

Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
Strawberries (you want the big ones for this to give room for the filling. I think I filled a shade more than a 16 oz container. I bought 2 containers and picked the best ones. I think I have almost a full container left over.)

Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer until creamy.

Cut the tops off the berries and hull them.

Spoon cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or a ziploc with the corner snipped out.

Pipe the cream cheese into the top of the hulled berries.

Eat right away or chill.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment