Monday, July 8, 2013

A Trip to Indy

First of all, just want to let you know that I have been blogging over at "The Animal Scientist Loses It."

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I met Christy and her husband Dave when I was a grad student at UK. Christy became one of my best friends, and then she up and moved to Washington, DC....for a job or something.

Hooker.

Just kidding...you know I love you more'n my luggage.

Anyway, Christy and Dave (with their son Gavin) came to Indianapolis this week for the Animal Science Meetings. Indy is only about  2 1/2 to 3 hours away....much closer than DC. So, we made plans to go up for a little day trip. We left after church and met up with them at the Indianapolis Zoo. It's amazing how things change once you have kids, huh?

We had a blast all hanging out with our little families. I think Joseph wanted to stay with Aunt Christy.

Joseph checking out the seals.

Wondering where the polar bear is...

One of my favorites: the walrus

Meerkats

James checking it out

Relaxing all cool

AHHH! A tiger!


Joseph really wanted to see the elephants...until we got to the elephants.

We were losing him. Then I bought him a Dora popsicle and he was revived.

All smiles at the giraffes

"You got a pretty mouth"

Train ride! (The least impressive part of the zoo)

Joseph and Dave

Cute

Carousel ride


I love Joseph's face in this one.

MOM! Look...a Captain!!!

Mmmm..fries
I loved the Indianapolis Zoo. They had a lot of great animals and they were really easy to see. It also wasn't so big and spread out that it was hard to see most of it in a fairly short amount of time...like you do when you're hanging out with people with really short attention spans.

I just wish we could have visited longer. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment