Saturday, November 5, 2011

What I've Been Working On

 I've been pretty crafty this week. I finished the cross stitch that I was doing for a gift...sorry, can't show it until she receives it...but I should be mailing it out soon. It's not really a Christmas gift. So, I've covered some Styrofoam cones I had with yarn and then decided that the little wreath ornaments would be cute covered in yarn also. Don't know how I'm going to decorate them yet.

 I made these little felt mice. I got the idea here. They will hold a candy cane which will look like their tail. So easy!

I made more pipe cleaner wreaths....I have run out of pipe cleaners. I think they are turning out really cute.

I actually got out my scrapbooking stuff last night..and...*gasp* completed a few pages!!! Usually I get it out, realize how far behind I am, feel massively overwhelmed, and consequently put it all back up without so much as gluing a picture. I felt pretty good. Hopefully I can keep that up a couple of nights a week and get caught back up....by next year. :)

I had a very busy day today. When Joseph went down for his nap, I headed to the gym to workout. Then I went to the barn and enjoyed a beautiful trail ride. It was a gorgeous day today!! Spice was a dream to ride and even crossed a big creek full of standing water without even balking at all! It usually takes 2 or 3 tries. After my ride, I changed back in to my work out clothes and went for a run. I have done a 5K on those roads around the barn and I knew it would be challenging. The roads around Bagdad have the weird ability to always be uphill....never downhill. Even when you turn around and go back the way you came....still uphill. It's a very strange phenomenon indeed!

By the time I got home...exhausted....I decided that we would have leftovers for supper instead of the carmelized cajun porkchops. We'll have those tomorrow. I think they are going to be way yummy.

And for the people following for the Shaw recipes...don't worry...I haven't given up. I'm going to be going hot and heavy on them come holiday season. This is the calm before the storm. I do have a couple to post though.

I hope you are all having a great weekend. I am not looking forward to this time change. I hate when it gets dark so early.

2 comments:

  1. OK, now you are making me feel bad. Your craftiness is so beating mine out:) The mice are soooooooooo cute and the wreaths are too. Oh well, all I can say is you had to get it somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete