Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still in the Saddle....

As much as it pains my doctor (and any other overprotective type person), at 31 weeks, I'm still riding my horse. Of course, Michael has to come out with me to put the saddle on her back and I need a mounting block to get on since I can't lift my leg high enough to put it in the stirrup. I'm also very thankful to have an indoor arena....I don't think I would be taking to the trails in this weather. What I don't think my doctor understands (among other things) is that this keeps me centered....
It keeps me balanced....

I don't feel helpless when I'm in the saddle.....my back doesn't bother me, and I don't constantly think about what I need to be doing to get the house ready for the baby. For those 30 minutes or so a week (that's about all I can get out to the barn), it's just me and Spice (and Shelby, of course) and I feel fairly normal, that is until I see the pictures. But here is a preggo pic of me with a genuine smile:


And I'm sure Spice just wants my heavy self off of her back!


No comments:

Post a Comment