Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Baby's Room is just about ready!

Michael and I had a busy weekend getting the nursery together! It's all ready for furniture now though! The crib actually came in yesterday and we got it put together last night, but I don't have a picture yet.
Michael pretty much worked on the floor the whole time. My first task was making curtains. I went to every fabric store in Lexington and Frankfort and found nothing suitable. I went to Louisville on Saturday and found some precious fabric at Joann's Fabric that worked like a charm:
I bought a set of Sheep Napkin holders at a yard sale last year and used them as embelishments on the tiebacks for the curtains. Cute, huh?
My second task was to paint some cute little art work. I painted 4- 8x10 stretched canvases:














I personally really liked the cow. I decided to go at another angle then I did for the mural.



Here they are all together on the wall:

From the doorway:


The floor turned out AWESOME! The "barn doors" with the trim all painted and the floor done:




Floor again:



Shelby approved! The cats really like it better, though. Any time the door is open now, they go running in there and lay down. Daysie REALLY wants to get in the crib, but her fluffy butt can't jump high enough. I think her favorite place is going to be under the crib...especially once I get the dust ruffle on....then it will be like a tent.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, love it, love it! What a room for your little guy! It is coming together nicely. Congrats on a job well done to you and Michael!!!!!

    ReplyDelete